As promised, here are the headlines for the most absurd press releases sent to my blog in the last month plus the PR companies behind them.
I can see no reason at all why these PR companies would want to target ME with these stories.
I’m pretty sure that all the PR companies concerned are billing their clients for their ‘blog outreach’ campaign. What a waste.
- Precise picture of early Universe supports "dark matter" theory (Spring O’Brien)
- Disney FamilyFun Announces Toy of the Year Award Winners (Rosen Group PR)
- Dr. Siegal’s Cookie Diet TOP SEARCH on Google This Week (5W Public Relations)
- SimpliFi helps consumers avoid the holiday financial hangover (Atomic PR)
- Tips to keep legs looking good, cold weather strategy!!! (5W Public Relations) Note that the three exclamation marks are from the original.
- Maria Shriver has Cell Phone Driving Mishap – Tips to Help Break the Habit (5W Public Relations)
- Ready to go tips for a fun and healthy Halloween! (5W Public Relations)
- Top students choosing college based on "values," not cost (Lipman Hearne)
- Dynamic law firm, Spring Law, unveils innovative business Model (Singleton PR) Note that the capitalisation of ‘Model’ is from the original.
- Five Best Halloween Weekend Getaways by Travel-Ticker.com (Atomic PR)
- Ways to keep your children healthy and happy (5W Public Relations)
- Best Kid Friendly Hotels in Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai & Maui) (5W Public Relations)
- PLAYMOBIL: THE SECRET OF PIRATE ISLAND on DVD (Jane Ayer PR) Note that shouting capitalisation is also from the original.
And my particular favourite:
- Is there a place for "murder-boarding" in American business? New book says definitely yes (Newman Communications)
I am interested in writing, communications, technology and business. On my other blog, Golf Hotel Whiskey, I’ll look at anything related to space and aviation. I’d love to hear from PR companies that have something interesting to say on these topics. So are my readers. C’mon PR companies, you can do better than this.